This week’s shop feature is Gypsy Thread Vintage by Stephanie. The store caters to designing vintage clothing ranging from evening wear, summer dresses, jumpsuits, party dresses, shorts, jackets and so much more. My favorite piece is the picture above, an evening robe. I love things like this as pink is my favorite color but also it has a nice soft look to it… I would so purchase this one 🙂 Of course, gotta save up for it. Check out more of her stuff, you might find things that you like! you can feel beautiful with her lovely collection!
1. How did you come up with the Name of your Shop
My shop name is derived from a roadside gypsy magic trick that gained popularity in the 20th century called the Gypsy Thread, wherein the magician would seem to tear a string into many small pieces, then magically join them back together.I saw this as a metaphor for fashion and a perfect name for the vintage bohemian collection that I have created.
2. Tell us a little bit about your shop and what you think makes it unique?
I have a very good eye for high quality authentic vintage pieces that demonstrate versatility and character. My very dear friend helps me to style the models that generously share their time with me as I try to convey the period and personality of each piece.
This is my favorite piece at the moment because it demonstrates the glitz and glamour of the period perfectly, while easily being adopted into a modern wardrobe.
4. What inspires create your products?
I hope that my shop conveys diversity while promoting the relevance that vintage fashion has today in a consumerist culture that has become very disposable.
5. Where can we find you?
6. Do you have any coupons or discounts for us? ( optional) if no, I will not have this on the post
I will be offering a single use $50 shop credit good towards the purchase price of any item in the shop. This includes purchases made in the US, Canada, the EU and Australia.
7. What advice can you give for other sellers out there for their shop?
Do what you love. It is not easy. There is never enough time, there is never enough money, but there is only one you and your shop can be a true reflection of your taste, style and values. Stay consistent, set goals and manage your expectations. Try not to hoard, vintage can be so addictive!
Now some fun facts about you
8. What is your Favorite Food?
Thai food- Panang curry with vegetables.
9. Describe us one positive event in your life in your life that you felt was a miracle to you or that you knew the Universe was there watching over you.
I once avoided a high speed car crash that seemed impossible.
10. What is your favorite vacation spot and why?
I love going to Puerto Rico for the beauty, but Manhattan has my heart!