This weeks Shop feature is Calluna Muse by Heather. She designs some wonderful earrings using beads and Nymo nylon thread. Pretty neat if you ask me. Heather has been kind enough to give a pair of lovely earrnigs from her shop as well. But first, lets get to know more about her and her lovely work! 🙂
1. How did you come up with the Name of your Shop
I am named after a flower, Heather, and the
Latin term is Calluna Vulgaris. So, I dropped
the Vulgaris (for obvious reasons, yikes!) and added
Muse because I’ve always loved the idea of
2. Tell us a little bit about your shop and what you think makes it unique?
I wanted it to be a different take on beaded
jewelry. I’ve done it all my life and I was
looking for a modern feel. Some
new designs and a different twist on older designs. I think it has a nice
feel between being on par with current
trends but also allowing you to be
unique and maybe also start your
own trends! And who doesn’t want
to be a trendsetter!
3. What is your favorite item at the store and why?
I really love “The Faith” earrings because of the way
they dangle, it reminds me of fireworks
falling from the sky!
4. What inspires create your products?
Colors all around me, it’s a huge passion of mine. I will set everything I have down in
a big circle, decide what colors I’m feeling that
day and go from there.
5. Where can we find you?
Currently I have an etsy shop
also a Storeny shop
www.callunamuse.storenvy.com or facebook which is
6. What advice can you give for other sellers out there for their shop?
Get to know other shop/small
business owners and network.
There is a lot of information out there that can
help you, and that information is usually not in
just one place with one person.
Now some fun facts about you
7. What is your Favorite Food?
Sushi. Which is funny because I didn’t start eating it until a few years ago, and now I am
super hooked! Never in a million years did I see myself eating raw fish, and actually enjoying it!
8. Describe us one positive event in your life in your life that you felt was a miracle to you or that you knew the Universe was there watching over you.
Just waking up every morning has been
enough for me in that respect.
9. What is your favorite vacation spot and why?
I really loved London, it was everything
I had dreamt it would be when I was a
little girl. I’d like to get back there again
someday soon too!
10. Anything else you like to share about you?
Most people are surprised to find out
that I’m a huge gamer. I’d say making
my jewelry and gaming have been
neck and neck for my time for a while, and I wouldn’t have it any other way!
What you can win: You can win this pair of beautiful Green earrings! This giveaway is worldwide so anyone can enter! Good Luck!