This week’s shop feature is Kim Bloomberg Designs. She makes earrings, bracelets, necklaces and rings. I actually love how simple and elegant these pieces are made by her. You might just love her style too. I think my favorite piece is the Green Amethyst necklace. Here are more information about her beautiful pieces of jewelry.
1. How did you come up with the Name of your Shop?
Nothing too creative – it is my name.
2. Tell us a little bit about your shop and what you think makes it unique?
My shop is a small display of the thousands of pieces of jewelry I have designed. All of my jewelry is inspired by nature or nature’s affect on architecture. On my facebook page I run an ongoing series called “inspiration/creation” where I show the picture of what inspired the jewelry.
3. What is your favorite item at the store and why?
My favorite items are my earrings. I am able to perfect my skill because I have to always make two of them. I mostly love them because I enjoy wearing long, dangly earrings. They instantly make my outfit feel complete.
4. What inspires you create your products?
I am inspired by what I see when I walk out the door. Sometimes it is a shadow, a color, a reflection, a flower or a drop of rain. I have many more inspirations than I have creations.
6. What advice can you give for other sellers out there for their shop? Keep your collection consistent – people should be able to look at a product and know that it was made by you. It took me a long time to realize that although I have an appreciation for many pieces of jewelry, being consistent is necessary. I worked hard to find my voice because I wanted my collection to be cohesive.
Now some fun facts about you? I used to be a glassblower, I’m a master mosaicist, I’m a teacher, I have red hair, I’ve lived in 6 different places but I will always be a New Yorker, I am type B, love gardening and have a million ideas running through my head.
7. What is your Favorite Food?
It would be a toss up between lobster or cannoli filling.
8. Describe us one positive event in your life in your life that you felt was a miracle to you or that you knew the Universe was there watching over you.
The miracles are my two children. Creating them and watching them grow is a joy I am blessed to share with my wonderful husband. The Universe has got to be on my side.
9. What is your favorite vacation spot and why? Fire Island, New York. No shoes, no cars, no sense of time. Everyone can be a child there – it is so magical.
10. Anything else you like to share about you?
I love what I do and feel blessed to have the opportunity and ability to work with my hands. There is a marvelous sense of validation and pride to see someone I don’t know wearing my jewelry. It also feels great to see it on people I know and love.