I am not the biggest fan of tarot , maybe its because I find it takes me a bit longer to interpret tarot cards. I love spirit messaging more because I find that spirit messages seem to get the most important messages out to my clients first. For the most part, I find tarot can fill in some missing information in my readings so that is why I have my tarot cards on hand during sessions, just in case I need to check my work for a bit. But if you’re using tarot cards, here is a few pointers that I want to share with you to help you enhance your experience with the the tarot decks you have on hand.
1. Choosing Tarot Deck – Go with what feel is right to you. Personally, I love going in metaphysical stores that have open decks because it gives me a sense if that deck will work with me. It is ok if you are stronger with certain images. If you are more attracted to fairies then get a fairy Deck, if you like animals or wolves go with that deck more. I personally found that Angel decks and Medieval style decks work best for me. I seem to pick up on the cards faster with those styles than any other style. I don’t usually steer away from those styles unless I just buying a tarot as a collection and have no real intention of using it. If I can’t find open decks to look at, I usually go to a bookstore and use my dominant hand to hold an unopened tarot deck. I actually let my hand feel the energy of this deck, if my hand doesn’t let it go and I keep going back to it that is usually a sign that this is the deck for me.
2. Now that you have your chosen your deck, its time to bless your tarot cards with your energy. I recommend you touch each one your cards and envision your energy connecting each card . You are attuning your energy to them and its important that you start forming a bond with your cards. Once you have done this you could go ahead and start playing the cards but I also recommend the follow step: get a cloth bag for tarot cards like you see in at metaphysical stores. Then get some sea salt, pour it in your hand (enough for you to hold a good amount sea salt). Visualize the sea salt cleansing the cards every time it goes into the the tarot bag ( or ask the sea salt to do this). Make sure the sea salt’s energy feels right to you before you put the salt into the cloth bag Once you have done this, add the Sea salt into the cloth bag and throw the cards into the bag too and give it a shake around. Visualize the white light going through the cards and cleansing it will do for your deck. Once you have done this, your tarot cards are ready to go! Good practice is to actually keep the salt in the bag and every time you are done with your tarot deck to place it in tarot bag and give it a shake until you feel the cards are cleansed for another time. This helps promote a good positive energy in the cards and helps you work with the cards better. I find the cards feel better and attuned to me when I work my cards this way.
3. Decide who this deck is for. Is this deck for you? Or is it for you to read to others. As silly as it sounds, I recommend you keep a separate deck for yourself only and one deck for you to read other people. The reason why is you get better and clearer readings on people when that tarot deck is strictly for them. You also don’t want your energies mixing with their energies in the same deck. That is how tarot cards actually start losing energy at times. It is also why its harder to read for ourselves too because we are using the same deck as our clients. It causes more confusion and readings start getting hazy and messages through the cards are harder to interpret. Having your deck that you connect for your own self is better. I love having my open personal deck which means its special and I make sure it is for my eyes only. I let no one see that deck but me and it builds a much stronger connection in reading for myself. I recommend you try having different decks for different purposes, it makes a difference in readings.
4. Don’t ask the same question 4 or 5 times a day. Yes, you’re going to wear out your cards and it will feel as if the tarot cards have no energy to them. Give the cards a rest. And don’t ask the same question for a while…you can go back to the question at later date after your cards are recharged.
5. Oh this is a good trick, If your tarot cards have meanings that deal with upright positioning and reverse positioning, you want to be sure that every time you are done giving a reading to someone, that you make sure all the cards that go back in the deck are facing the same direction. This helps align the energy of the cards much better! And it helps the next person you read for to have a clearer answers. Remember, when you brought those cards, they were all facing the same direction( the order of the cards can be mixed up)… so make sure you face them in the same direction when you put them back into the deck. I recommend the cards to face upright. It gives a build on the energy of your cards too. You will have more balanced energy in your cards this way. you are also clearing out the last person’s energy in the deck when you are doing this. If its your personal deck, I would still do the same thing because it clears out the last question you asked about yourself and gives you a nice clean slate to work on the next time around. It may feel like its a hassle, but in my experience this actually helped me keep my tarot cards refreshed and positive for anyone that I read for. Messages from my decks are stronger and clearer for me to with as well.
6. If your cards no longer feel right or have any energy to it, I recommend you to stick your cards out into the sunlight and ask them them to cleanse it… this will refresh your cards and they will feel absolutely positive too. It a nice energy boost as well.
Have you tried any of these these tips before? What do you think??